A message from Mr. Blackmer
Welcome back everyone! The following document has been designed to inform the parents and guardians of St. Louis School of the many precautionary measures that will be in place to promote the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and school community. It is important that as our schools reopen, children along with parents and guardians feel safe and cared for every day. It is our goal that our schools remain open and that we can continue to deliver the highest quality of education at this time. Some of the main points to be stressed, that are mentioned in detail in this document are as follows:
- Extra custodial staff has been hired to ensure continual cleaning and disinfecting throughout the school day and before and after school hours.
- The use of masks and face shields will be used by all staff.
- Students in grades 4-6, as directed by the province, will be required to wear masks when in the hallways and when they are not seated in their desks,one in front of the other. Masks need not be worn when students are outside.
- When in the school, students will remain within their grade configurations as much as possible (cohorting).
- All visitors to the school will be required to wear masks and parents will be asked to drop off their children at the door.
- Our breakfast and lunch program will continue.
- Physical distancing will be part of our daily routine.
- Hand washing and hand sanitization will be practiced and encouraged throughout the school day by all staff and students.