The staff of St. Louis School is very excited to welcome back all of our students, those returning and especial those that are new! As of last year, we want to ensure to the best of our abilities that our students and staff remain safe and healthy at school. The following protocols and procedures will be in place as we return to the school setting:
1. On the morning of first day of school (Monday, August 30th) all students will be greeted by their classroom teachers in the playground, at the back of the school. Classes will enter the school one group at a time.
2. Regular handwashing and sanitizing will be encouraged and reinforced throughout the school day. Each classroom will have it's own hand sanitizer station, outside of the classroom.
3. At this time mask wearing is not mandatory for our students or staff but mask wearing is definitely optional for all.
4. Mask wearing is mandated for all students who are bussed to school. In the event of a field trip in which bussing is included, all students would be required to wear a mask for the duration of the bus trip.
5. Continunual disinfecting of high touch surfaces in the school will be completed throughout the day.
6. At the end of the school day, classrooms and bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned as always.
7. Masks will be required for all parents/guardians who enter the school. If a parent or guardian wishes to speak to a teacher or the principal, please call for an appointment.
8. Masks will not be regularly distributed to students but in the event of a student showing signs of illness, a mask will be given and they will asked to wait in our infirmary until they can be picked up by a parent or guardian as soon as possible.
9. At this time, the front door will remain locked. Please call the office or knock on the window to the left of the front door for assistance.
* Due to construction, Ash Avenue and 5th Street are not currently not open to public vehicles. Parking is limited to 4th Street and Ash Avenue north of the school. Our school bus will need to pick up and drop off students in front of the school daily so parking will be congested. Please be especially cautious and considerate during this construction time.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these procedures, please call the school.
Mr. R. Blackmer